Fire extinguishers are much more than just "red cans". In an emergency, they can save lives and effectively protect property.
The individual components of a fire extinguisher must be precisely matched to each other so that it can function safely in use and develop its full capacity.
The sectional drawings allow a view into the fire extinguisher to better understand how it works.
DÖKA offers rechargeable fire extinguishers with the extinguishing agents powder, water and foam. The rechargeable extinguishers are also available with different fitting designs, the BS series, CS series and DS series, which differ on the one hand in their appearance, but also in the materials used.
- Pull out the yellow safety bar and press down the red pushbutton firmly.
- By pressing the button down, the propellant gas cylinder is opened and the container receives its operating pressure via the blowpipe. The fire extinguisher is ready for use.
- The extinguishing agent jet can be precisely dosed via the rotatable extinguishing pistol.
After breaking through a bursting disc, the extinguishing agent is fed to the extinguishing pistol via the riser pipe and hose line. The extinguishing agent is discharged by actuating the extinguishing pistol. By releasing the extinguishing pistol lever, the extinguishing agent discharge can be interrupted at will.
Foam cartridge extinguisher
DÖKA foam cartridge fire extinguishers are rechargeable fire extinguishers with foam as the extinguishing agent.
In contrast to conventional foam-charged fire extinguishers, however, the foam concentrate is kept in a separate cartridge. Only when the fire extinguisher really has to be used in an emergency is the foam concentrate mixed with the water.
The biggest advantage of this design is that the foam concentrate has a much longer service life compared to premixed foam solutions.
In addition, the cartridges can be disposed of easily and in an environmentally friendly manner during subsequent servicing and at the end of the fire extinguisher's service life.
- Pull out the yellow safety bar.
- The propellant gas cylinder is opened by pressing down the red pushbutton. The extinguishing agent cartridge is opened by the propellant gas flowing out under high pressure and the extinguishing agent concentrate contained in it mixes with the water in the container. At the same time, the container is pressurised.
After breaking through a bursting disc, the water/foam mixture is fed to the rotatable extinguishing pistol via a riser pipe and hose line. The extinguishing agent is discharged by actuating the extinguishing pistol. By releasing the extinguishing pistol lever, the extinguishing agent discharge can be interrupted as desired.